Thursday, September 4, 2008

365

Thanks to an idea from Photojojo, I am taking on a new challenge of shooting 1 photo a day for 365 days. I am not promising much, more of a self motivating/learning experience. This exercise promises to hone my skills but also hopefully to entertain you with my randomness in the process...

Day #1: Small Town America

Photobucket
I actually took this shot yesterday but I am cheating a little by posting it today. I went to visit my sweet grandmother in Boerne. If you haven't visited this town, please run there today. My roots run deep in this part of Texas as my ancestors were some of the first settlers in Kendall County. My mom and dad were raised here and my grandmother and other aunts and uncles still live in the area. It is also the town where Joseph and I were married. Anytime I visit, it just feels like home to me.

The trip yesterday was especially memorable for me. What started out as an errand for my dad turned into a meaningful visit with my grandmother who I had not seen in months. Sometimes I can't believe how neglectful I can be of the most important people in my life. We get caught up in the day to day and take for granted what we have. From a grandmother who practically raised me (when it was my "dad's turn") to someone who almost feels like a stranger at times only because of my lack of effort to see her. Why does something so easy yet so important take a back seat? I'm still under construction and the paint is still wet.

Carly

No comments: