Sunday, September 20, 2009

15

Today marks the 13th anniversary of the day J and I had our first date. I was 15!

Here we are, way back then...look how young, look how how SKINNY we both are!

Photobucket

I just realized today I have known (and been in love with him) for almost half of my life. Rest assured, we have had our ups and downs in all that time and we have both made it difficult (at times) to keep holding on. But we did and here we are 13 years later.

When I think of our early years, it usually makes me laugh because of how crazy it all was. But it also makes me feel incredibly proud and lucky at how we made it all the way through all the junk and came out on top.

Our relationship, like many other couples who met very young in life, has a different dynamic. We are literally grew up together. We learned, at an early age, the importance of compromise, communication and giving in our relationship. Not to say that we were/are always good at it but we tried/try.

This song on the radio right now by Taylor Swift takes me right back to that year when J and I met, some of it before and some it after...

"Then your on your very first date and he's got a car and you're feeling like flyin'. And your momma's waiting up and you're thinkin' he's the one and your dancing round the room when the night ends."

(make sure to pause the cherry tunes at the bottom of the blog so you don't get double music)

"Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday..."

Carly

2 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

So sweet! I just got all teary-eyed reading your post :) Cheers to 13 years together!!!

Lauren Purcell said...

Congrats to you guys!!! I know just how you feel...I was 14 when Jason and I started dating and this November will make 11 years together for us...only 5 married! Here's to many many more!