Thursday, January 1, 2009

the one with a year in review

Welcome 2009!

I have to say first that 2008 was a year full of blessings for us. Although 2008 was very hectic, to say the least, we enjoyed every minute of it and have only our faithful God to thank for it.

So much happened this year that it was almost "Christmas Card Letter" worthy. But instead of that, I have decided to post a 2008 year in pictures (with a few words).


January
The house was on the market and we were preparing to head to Austin. I was sad to leave friends, family and co-workers behind but we were very excited about the adventure.Photobucket

Photobucket

February
Early in the month, Sydney joined us in this world and we couldn't have been more thrilled. Joe and I love being an aunt and uncle!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

March
Sydney had a "sip and see" baby shower in early March and while in town, I was able to spend a little time with Money Man and his momma. Easter was in late March and we headed to the lake house for family time with the Adams' and then back to San Antonio for an Easter egg hunt with Presleigh and her friends. And then of course on the last day of March, Joseph and I celebrated our anniversary.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

April
April was a busy month. We had company almost every weekend but I was able to sneak in a visit with my good friend Stephanie and her little guy, Jake. Also, the blog started this month and I quit my job to go back to work in the family business opening the Austin office (aka, my house).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

May
I didn't realize how busy May was until I started choosing pictures. My sister left for her internship in Madagascar, Joe's cousin's little one and Sydney were both dedicated at church and Mother's Day. Also, a weekend in Austin with the Adam clan and my cousin Miles' graduation.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

June
June was full of trips to lake Travis and trips to the Meadowlake. In early June, we celebrated Tracy's Birthday, Joe's Birthday and Ryan and Tif's Anniversary at the lake house in Seguin.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

July
July was busy again, starting with our trip to Vegas with the Gillenwaters. Next was Money Man's 1st Birthday followed by a visit with the Gillenwater girls. We finished off the month with another visit from Jason, Candice, Presleigh and Sydney.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

August
August consisted of trips to the lake and wrapping up my crazy busy time at work. Also, at the end of August, the Gillenwaters moved to Austin. We were all incredibly excited and happy to be living in the same city.
Photobucket

Photobucket

September
We spent a lot of time with the Gillenwaters in September (and every month since). My good friend Tracy visited later in the month.
Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

October
October was another crazy month. Early in the month, I drove to San Antonio to see my nieces and while there I was able to spend a little time with Jeanette and Drew (aka Money Man). Also in October, the Fall Fling, a trip with the Gillenwaters to Austin Botanical Gardens and Joseph and I put a contract on a house. Candice and I took the girls to the pumpkin patch for pictures in their costumes. Oh yeah and the Carrie Underwood/Little Big Town Concert on Halloween.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

November
November started with a weekend at the B&B with my mom. The rest of the month was filled with a beautiful wedding, Presleigh's 2nd Birthday, Christmas with my mom and taking family Christmas portraits (including our own). Also, J and I closed on our house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

December
We started the big move in early December. Just when we thought we were settled, we left to go down to San Antonio to be with family for the holidays. We were both off of work for the last week of the month so we spent time getting the house together. The Adam clan came up on the 30th and then we spent New Year's Eve with the Gillenwaters (those pictures deserve their own post).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

So, here's to 2009! I pray for blessings for all of you...
Carly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I love this post! Lots of great pics. Crazy to see how much the girls have grown! Thanks for having us this past week. We had fun!!