Sunday, January 25, 2009

the one when we went to the belmont

I'm in a black and white state of mind.

Friday we went downtown with R&T to celebrate my birthday. The Belmont is a restaurant/bar on West 6th Street. The food was really good and the atmosphere was awesome! 

Photobucket

We stayed there for a little while after dinner and then headed down the "rowdy" side of 6th. T had never been so we had to check it out. She and I agreed that we would have been happy to just pull up a chair outside of a bar and watch the people. All we needed was someone to bring us our drinks and we would have been set for the evening.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We walked up and down the street and ran into some interesting characters along the way. One guy with a fro started singing "you've lost that lovin' feeling" (or something like that) to us and trying to give us a rose. Then there was the old (fat) homeless man sitting in a chair flashing his black bra at everyone who walked by. 

We stopped at Coyote Ugly. I had never been in one and it was definitely an experience. I won't divulge all of the embarrassing details but let's just say, "it was my party and I danced 'cause I wanted to"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world (play video)...

Don't stop believing!

Carly

No comments: