Friday, February 13, 2009

what time is it?

IT'S RODEO TIME! 
(in San Antonio)

My dad offered me tickets to the rodeo for Monday night so see Reba. For anyone who knows me well, you know that she is "it" for me. She is like Michael Jordan to Joseph or Walter Payton to Jason. I am crazy about her. 

So here's how it went... I was so pumped that I was going to see Reba and I had invited my dear friend Tracy to come along (we hadn't seen each other in forever it seemed). I worked from San Antonio on Monday and very very excited. Then, and low and behold, by noon I was feeling terrible. Not sure what it was but I was achy and I had the chills. By the time we got to the rodeo, all I wanted to do was go home and sleep in my bed. But I was a trooper and stuck it out. We had a good time, considering. We ate lots of "bad for us" rodeo food and ran into a few old friends. Wouldn't you know, by the next day, I was feeling as good as new.

This is Tracy in the car...
Photobucket

These are the Percheron horses. They are the ones that get all dolled up, hitched together and then pull a wagon in between competitions during the rodeo. Most of them were sleeping with their eyes open in these pics. You can tell because their lips are droopy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, We headed to the petting zoo. 
Photobucket

The wallabies were in the mood for Valentine's Day.
Photobucket

(for adult eyes only)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here I am looking super sickly with my friend Valerie. She and I were friends in elementary school until she moved away. We kept in touch and visited each other frequently until about our sophomore year in high school and then we lost touch. It had literally been at least 12 years since we had seen or spoken with each other and I ran into her at the bar of all places. Oh man, I wish I had a pic of us way back then so I could do a "Then and Now".
Photobucket

Photobucket

There she is in all her beauty! I think I sound like a stalker... 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next weekend we are going with R&T to see Jason Aldean...hope I don't get sick for 1 night again.

Carly

No comments: