Tuesday, February 3, 2009

pick your play -no. 31

Here's the new "pick your play" from Laura at Dolce Pics.

The original...
Photobucket

My edited version...Photobucket
First some minor adjustments to in Lightroom for contrast, brightness and exposure. I edited the rest of it in Photoshop. I wanted to bring attention to the mystery of the door so I cropped the pic to create a cleaner focal point and I burned the shadows in the doorway to make the bars stand out more and create even more darkness behind it. I also burned the the fence in the background to make the building stand out.

Carly

3 comments:

Christy said...

I really like what you did with this one! Love the lack of colour and the way the door seems to pop!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to burn the door and surrounding fence while keeping the rest of the image high key. Looks awesome!

sandra/tx said...

Those are neat. You're so talented!