Tuesday, February 3, 2009

pick your play -no. 31

Here's the new "pick your play" from Laura at Dolce Pics.

The original...
Photobucket

My edited version...Photobucket
First some minor adjustments to in Lightroom for contrast, brightness and exposure. I edited the rest of it in Photoshop. I wanted to bring attention to the mystery of the door so I cropped the pic to create a cleaner focal point and I burned the shadows in the doorway to make the bars stand out more and create even more darkness behind it. I also burned the the fence in the background to make the building stand out.

Carly

3 comments:

Christy said...

I really like what you did with this one! Love the lack of colour and the way the door seems to pop!

laura-dolcepics said...

Great idea to burn the door and surrounding fence while keeping the rest of the image high key. Looks awesome!

sandra/tx said...

Those are neat. You're so talented!